- Do you ship to military addresses?
Yes! Shipments to APO and FPO addresses are sent via US Priority Mail. Items too large to ship via Priority Mail will be indicated during checkout. A customer service representative will be in contact with you if there are any problems shipping your order to a military address.
- How much is shipping?
We subscribe to USPS and UPS gateways for providing real-time, accurate shipping charges. To determine shipping costs, add any item(s) to the shopping cart. On the shopping cart page click the "How much is shipping?" link.
- Do you ship internationally?
We ship to select countries. To see the list, click here. If your country is not listed, please Contact Us—we may be able to deliver to you.
- I am ordering a small item and shipping is more than the item itself. Is this correct?
Sometimes shipping will be more than low-priced items. Shipping is calculated by product weight, with the "from" state of New Hampshire. Charges are calculated directly by the USPS and UPS. We don't inflate ship costs. In fact, many times we pay more than what we you were charged.
- Are any items at the Vintage Vending blog for sale?
No. Vintage Vending is a blog that lists information about items, but is not a retail web site. Any reproduction items for sale will be listed here at RetroPlanet.com.
- Are the items in the Retro Planet Museum for sale?
No, they are not. The items in the RetroPlanet Museum are there for you enjoy reading about and to promote the love of collecting vintage items.
- Do you appraise items?
Since we are no longer in the business of restorations, we do not appraise items.
- Do you buy vintage products, original items, or furniture?
We do not. All of our items for sale are new with the exception of a handful of items in our Vintage Originals category. While some of our other products may look vintage, they are newly manufactured products.
- Do you restore original furniture?
We do not buy or repair old furniture. All of our retro-style furniture is brand new and made to order.
- How will my gift message be displayed? If I choose “Do Not Include Packing Slip,” how will the recipient get my message?
When a packing slip is not included, we neatly handwrite gift messages on a nifty RetroPlanet hard stock postcard. Packing slips are printed separately and do not include your name, so be sure to include your name in the gift message. If you decide to include the packing slip, your gift message will be printed on the slip. No prices are printed on packing slips.
- What kind of packing materials do you use? Besides the shipping label, is there anything else that indicates what company the package is coming from?
We use paper, bubble wrap, and shrink-wrap to ensure your items reach you or the recipient safely. We do not use packing peanuts as they are not environmentally safe and are messy. We also have special packing tape that bears our RetroPlanet logo that seals the outside of the box.
- How can I see shipping charges without going through the entire checkout process?
- For US orders, you can see estimated shipping charges any time. Simply add the item(s) to your shopping cart and click on View Cart. The "Estimate Ship Costs" feature will ask for your state and zip code. Our shipping calculator is quite accurate - we like to avoid surprises.
- What furniture do you stock? Does it ship fast?
The majority of the furniture we sell is drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer or customizer. Since many items are built to order, they are not available for quick ship. Typically, made to order furniture takes 4-8 weeks for delivery. Should you need pieces quickly, please call us for assistance. We'll do the best we can to help fulfill your needs.
- What exactly is “curbside” delivery?
Curbside delivery is a method of delivery used by freight companies, whereas the items are delivered to your curb. This is because freight delivery trucks are heavy, so they will not drive onto driveways or lawns. The driver uses a lift-gate to take the furniture off the truck. This method also saves you money, since freight companies charge extra if they need to bring items into the home. Not all furniture ships freight. Any small items shipping via UPS will be delivered to your door.
- Does furniture really ship free to the US/48? How much does this save me?
Yes. To simplify the ordering process, all orders of $79 or more ship free to the US/48, including furniture. Since most furniture is shipped via freight, it tends to be expensive. A booth set - consisting of two benches and a table - usually costs between $300 and $500 to ship. Since we also offer discounts for multiple sets (like for a restaurant), the savings can be significant.